Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:53:00 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with PAP authentication

The sppp implementation is seriously broken in many corners.  I have
been trying to architect something which would allow us to use the
"userland ppp" as controller for both leased lines & ISDN PPP lines,
without having to pull the packets out of the kernel and stick them
back in again.

So far it is only a rough draft.

If anybody wants to lend a hand to this, please get in touch with me.

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!