Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:23:31 +0100
From:      martinko <gamato@users.sf.net>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: battery low script

m.ehinger@ltur.de wrote:
> Sorry my mistake, i forgot it completely, thanks
>
> (See attached file: battery)
>
> maik
>

>              Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
>
>              22.08.2005 18:51                                                                                                    An
>                                                                m.ehinger@ltur.de
>                                                                                                                               Kopie
>
>                                                                                                                               Thema
>                                                                Re: battery low script
>

> m.ehinger@ltur.de wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i use the attached script to shutdown my notebook on low battery automatically.
>>
>> I also added the following to /etc/devd.conf
>>
>> notify 10 {
>>       match "system"          "ACPI";
>>       match "subsystem" "CMBAT";
>>       action                  "/etc/battery $notify";
>> };
>>

>> Please feel free to try without any guarantees.
>>
>> Comments are welcome.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Maik
>
> the attachment was missing.  Try sending it inline, not as an attachment.
>
> --
> Nate

hello,

i wonder what is "sleep 1" within the script good for .. ??

also, i could imagine someone to run shutdown(8) manually with a grace
period eg 1h and later on (someone else?) plugging in the power cord
upon which the script would kill the (manual) shutdown process.  (i
guess it's very unlikely, though.)

anyway, thanks for the script!

regards,

martin