Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 22:23:17 -0800
From:      John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Integrated modem/serial PCI card and FreeBSD

I have a PCI card which implements a standard 'modem' function. However
I don't find anything like this device in the 'straight off the CDROM' for
FreeBSD. Is there an example driver for such a device. This would be 'easy'
if the device were an ISA device and jumpered to look like 'COM3/4' or
the like. The problem that I have is how does the PCI device get transformed
into the standard I/O and IRQ assocated with the COM ports.