Date:      Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:31:01 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel driver patch 11.0

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:
> The patch 11.0 contains the merge of the latest Linux changes after the
> 3.2 merge window was opened. Mostly, there are fixes for (e)DP, which I
> am not convinced are working on FreeBSD at all, and further support for
> the not yet released IvyBridge.
>
> Also, I fixed a FreeBSD-specific regression in GEM which seems to cause
> random GPU hangs several people reported to me.
>
> Still no estimation of the time when the code will be committed in HEAD.
> I am sorry, but this is not under my control.

Any idea when vty switching might show up? Or is it still too much a
glimmer in the distance to guess?

vty switching is the main feature that is still missing for people
like me who don't use advanced capabilities for gaming or eye candy.

And thanks for all of your work on this!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com