Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:13:59 -0400
From:      Bob Collins <bob@pineypl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DCOPserver and kde 2

This question has been asked before and received no answer of
significant help, so I shall pose it again in a different way.

I installed FreeBSD 4.3 Stable on my system and all was running fine
including KDE. A power failure from my power company caused my system
to lose power when my battery back up ran low and power was still off.
Until this point all users were able to use the KDE. Once power was
restored and the file system checks etc. were performed, only root
was/is able to use KDE. This would rule out any hardware issues as
well as 'general' software issues. Now, two questions; Has anyone come
up with a solution to this, and secondly, what is the easiest way to
remove KDE and re-install it, assuming there is no none solution?

I do not want to reinstall the system, as we know that is only a
reasonable solution for one well-known OS! ;)

Thanks for your time
 -Bob