Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:16:24 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Rod Person <rodperson@rodperson.com>
Subject:   Re: Convert mp3 to audio CD

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:07:40 -0400, Rod Person wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:10:16 -0400
> Steve Bertrand <steve.bertrand@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I know this is a backwards request, as I haven't had to go from mp3
> > to audio CD format in at least 10 years, but I do now.
> >
> > What is available to do so?
> >

> Basically the same as other, but just using lame to convert a directory
> full of mp3s
>

> #!/bin/sh
>
> for a in *
> do
>   OUTF=`echo "$a" | sed s/\.mp3/.wav/g`
>   lame --decode -q 0 "$a" "$OUTF"
> done

Just note that those *.wav files will have to be in the
correct format (44.1 kHz two-channel 16 bit) and maybe
require "byte order reversal" as well as stripping the
WAV headers to record them as a music CD. It seems that
some recording programs already contain this step. Refer
to audio CD specifications for why pure WAV files don't
make an audio CD.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany