Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 14:16:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        James Scheiderich <LHIM2@classic.msn.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compatibility

Howdy,

> I was writing to find out wether my system would be able to run
> FreeBSD.  Its a Micron Millenium. Config:

	-some componetry snip'ed-

> 	-Video: AGP Diamond Viper v330

> 	-Ultra-DMA 6Gig HD

> I realize that the system should be able to, but i know AGP is probably
> a doubtfully supported, so i wanted to check, before i seruiosly
> considderd geting BSD

You can use the UltraDMA fine - you won't get any benefit for the "Ultra"
part unless you run 3.0-current though.

You should check the XFree Projet for support for your card - I believe
they are supported though - http://www.xfree86.org/

The rest of your hardware looks fine.