Date:      Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:59:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "P.U.Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with ScanJet 4300C

Hello,

I am running 6.0-BETA2. Since my USB Scanner HP ScanJet 4300C is
listed as supported hardware, I tried to get it working with
sane-niash driver.

According to
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~bertrik/hp3300c/README.html
- which is the home of sane-niash - I rebuilt my kernel _without_
 	device	uscanner
and installed /devel/libusb .

When I attach my scanner to the USB port I receive
ugen0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
ugen0: vendor 0x03f0 product 0x0305, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 2
ugen0: setting configuration index 0 failed
device_attach: ugen0 attach returned 6

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root
hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
  port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, unconfigured, product
0x0305(0x0305), vendor 0x03f0(0x03f0), rev 0.00
  port 2 powered

# sane-find-scanner
   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different,
make sure that
   # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

   # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different,
make sure that
   # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and
have installed a
   # kernel scanner module.

   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other
proprietary ports
   # can't be detected by this program.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,

Uli.

* Peter Ulrich Kruppa - Wuppertal - Germany *