Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:14:59 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Ian Smith" <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: need help filter this stupid virus. Sendmail didnt stop this.

I have had Australian email and it wasn't blocked -- however, if it is, it
just goes into my Spam folder and I do check the folder to make sure nothing
legitimate was moved.  Since I receive so little Australian email, it is not
a big deal, I still won't miss it, it is just not in my INBOX.  But, there
is almost NO SPAM in my INBOX, which is by far the most important to me.  I
simply gave my simple SPAM ruleset and it works VERY will -- and it is the
last set of rules processed, so all other rules (i.e. mailing list and virus
rules) are processed first.

Like I said, I think only ONE email has been misdirected to my SPAM folder,
and I found it and read it.  Almost all Australian email that I read comes
from a mailing list such as this one, and those rules are processed first,
so they won't end up in my Spam folder anyway.

If you don't like the rules, don't use them, but no need to make a fuss over
it.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net