Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:27:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      r j huntington <wolph@albany.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   apache-ssl-fp on freebsd

I've loaded a freebsd 2.2.8 system just fine and then built ssleay and
rsaref so I could build apache 1.3.3 with ssl. In the apache build config
I included --add-module=mod_frontpage.c and that work fine. Everything
built and installed and ran perfectly.

But when it came time to load the FrontPage extensions, it would only go
so far as to install the frontpage dir in /usr/local. It wouldn't install
the extensions for any webs. It returned crazy-looking errors, like it
couldn't find ""/apache"/etc/srm.conf" (with all those quotes!), even
though the file is where I specified it.

Has anyone successfully installed the fp extensions on a freebsd box?

Running freebsd 2.2.8 with apache 1.3.3 (must be 1.3.x, I'll recompile for
any 1.3.x version), ssleay 090.

Please lead me through it or point me in the right direction. I've read so
many message in the mailing lists, but no one seems to be really answering
the same basic question. I see answers like "use the port" when that may
not include the version of this or that needed.

Thank you in advance. 	-rh-