Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:31:54 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, vivek@khera.org
Subject:   Re: SMP system not running SMP

> Just jumping in this thread mid-stream (since I just recognized your
> name from the old BSDI days)... did you try just disabling ACPI timer
> only?   This seems to be quite a popular cause of hang during boot.
> I have one box that needs it.

The system I'm having the problem with needs this to boot, but it doesn't
affect the SMP issue at all - i.e. I havew two causes of hangs, one being
the ACPI timer, and the other being this issue with the Adaptec SCSI
controller. Disabling the ACPI timer fixes the first, but doesnt affect the
second.

-pete.