Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:18:48 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, CIIT09 <ciit009@comsats.net.pk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: URGENT

Nope,
	FreeBSD can't a be a NT proxy client, so your machine will not have
complete internet access(such as normal FTP, Telnet). However you can use
the proxy features of Netscape and be able to browse the Web, and FTP down
with Netscape(Just set his manually). The only other option is to use socks
capable applications on the FreeBSD machine, or replace the Proxy with
FreeBSD.. :(

At 03:10 PM 6/23/00 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 03:07:08PM +0500, CIIT09 wrote:
>>
>> Can freebsd become a client of microsoft proxy 2.0. I have problem
>> using ftp on a freebsd client through MS proxy 2.0 for NT 4.0.
>
>As far as I know what you want to do, is possible.
>But what *is* your problem?
>You don't expect us to guess, of course.
>
>--
>Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
>For my public key: finger keramida@ceid.upatras.gr

Jonathan E. Lyons