Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 01:01:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        andrew@why.whine.com
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@hi-fi.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, SysAdmin <flaq@synwork.com>
Subject:   Re: Java,Netscape, & AccelX

Someone had been asking about people successfully running Java with
Accelerated X and Netscape 3.0 on 2.1.5.  I am successfully running
Java in my Netscape window, as well as in windows spawned by Netscape
3.0.  I have a Matrox Millenium, as I'd imagine most of the other
AccelX folks do.  I'm at 8bpp, in case that matters (I'll probably
test 24bpp later on).

If you're getting that class error, I'd suggest installing that
directory that's mentioned in the Netscape README (also mentioned here
in -questions), if you haven't tried that already.

On an unrelated note, I'd also like to report that Abuse for Linux is
pretty fun, and runs both successfully and quickly on 2.1.5R, even at
640x480.  It requires 8bpp to run.  I am impressed by the speed on the
X server.
--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/