Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:59:45 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Mike Dracopoulos <mdraco@math.uoa.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ext2fs access

Hi,

I have recently merged my /home-s in a single ext2fs partition mounted both
from FreeBSD and from Linux (a common configuration I suspect).

Everything seems to be OK so far apart from 2 problems I am having:

1) The FreeBSD port of pine (both 3 & 4) cannot properly  access folders on
the ext2fs,  since the files get locked and remain so for some 5 minutes.
This is NOT related with file permissions as, if I make $HOME/mail a
symlink to a UFS directory, pine locks work just fine.

2) "ls -l" does NOT report correctly on the number of links for ext2fs
files and returns 0 for all.

I don't know enough about the locking mechanisms implemented in pine but
my feeling is that these two problems may be related.

Your help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

		-- Mike