Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 11:05:52 -0400
From:      Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
To:        "'groggy@iname.com'" <groggy@iname.com>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD commercial pages

	Sorry, didn't make my position clear.  I did not do that because
I am not a "vendor that supports a FreeBSD compatible product".  I do
not work for Hewlett-Packard nor do I use their Firehunter product as I
am not an ISP.  I did not want to be confused as an any kind of official
representative for Hewlett-Packard.  But maybe I'm splitting hairs.
	What I wanted to find out was if someone directly associated
with the FreeBSD project (for instance the maintainer of the vendor
pages) wanted to contact HP for a statement themselves.  Support from
Hewlett-Packard, a major commercial vendor, seemed like a big deal and
it seemed appropriate that such a query come from someone with
'@freebsd.org' in their email address.
	But, on the other hand I can put a paragraph or so together from
the info on HP's web pages for Firehunter, if that the way it should be
done.  I just want to make sure the Hewlett-Packard's name gets on the
vendors page really.