Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:31:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Ira Cooper <ilcooper@tasc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to 2.2.7-STABLE

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Ira Cooper wrote:

> I don't know if this will allow the whole system to build because my
> machine takes, 4hr. to build world... I'll finish it overnight.

Hmm...  On this K6 it dies 8 minutes and fifty some odd seconds into the
build each time.  (Granted, on the 486/120 in my bedroom it took 54
minutes before it got to that point...  of course, that is with /usr/src
mounted nfs.)

> BTW: This break was documented as a POSSIBLITY in the commit logs for
> bsd.dep.mk/bsd.prog.mk. :(  (The case of a shadowed include file.)

That twigged in the back of my head...  I even tried updating my system's
.mk files, whacking things around all over, and I still never got it to
run.  I was going to just do a hack to the makefile to remove the -I that
goes to the obj/usr... error_table.h file so it uses the one in . (or
whatever the other directory is, I can't remember off the top of my
head... one of the src include dirs, wherever the main copy is...)

Obviously the thing is getting yacced wrong now...  I just didn't want to
go doing half-assed hack patching if there was a real solution.

I'm going to go fiddle some more... :)

Later......						<Doug>