Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:14:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        Mario Doria <madd@tecdigital.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with mod_php4-4.3.5_7,1 (Signal 11)

> I'm hoping someone can help me, I've just upgraded a server to
> mod_php4-4.3.5_7,1, running with abcache-0.14 and over
> apache+mod_ssl-1.3.29+2.8.16_1.
>
> The problem is that it crashes with signal 11, I found this on the server's
> dmesg output:
> pid 1263 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11
> pid 17611 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11
>
> On the error log I found this:
> [Thu Apr  1 16:52:35 2004] [notice] child pid 17611 exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)
>
> This is after running for 24 hours. Has anybody else experienced something
> similar?
I had the same problem. The current version of PHP in the ports tree was
crashing the current version of Apache with a sig 11. The slightly older
packages were not affected and the problem seemed to exist whether I used
Apache-13+mod_ssl or just plain Apache.

I ended up using the packages because the problem wasn't critical. What
needs to be done is to look at the core dump and figure out what is going
on.

-Don