Date:      Sun, 05 Mar 2000 14:43:10 +0200
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: crontab entries

John Baldwin wrote:

> Alright, your crontab looks fine.  However, my question is: how do you know
> that periodic is running your scripts on Sunday?  You said that your modem
> dials out at 1:59 on Sunday, well, that is probably due to one of the
> weekly scripts in /etc/periodic/weekly/ needing net access for some reason,
> or perhaps a one of the daily scripts in /etc/periodic/daily/ needing
> net access.

Hello again,

After a week I'm here again. I checked my crontab I put some 'ps ax'
jobs. And see that something that I'm not sure runs my 'ppp -ddial
-alias isp' command in a way in the periodic *daily* scripts.

I put one cron job before periodic daily script and one after that. I
see that I'm connected after that periodic daily scripts run. I also
checked if some weekly scripts connects me but I see that their running
time is different, 3:30.

Now, I'll check to find out which script is running my ppp, or making it
to run.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu