Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:28:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to log more detailed lpd actions?

Dear Sirs.

It is a regretable fact that PS printing systems do not account over
lpd.
We use several printer systems and at the moment we turn into
an exorbitant paper and toner consumption. I wish to logg more
detailed printing informations due the fact most of our customers print
over SAMBA and do a lot of private stuff over public printers. Can
anbody tell me how to log in a more detailed manner printing jobs?

On UNIX (e.g. FreeBSD) I wish to see the user who printed jobs,
on SAMBA it seems to be a kind of shell script to do this job ...

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)