Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 00:27:50 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, jmlewis@dslextreme.com
Subject:   Re: Upgrading KDE from 3.1.4 to 3.2.2

--Boundary-02=_mtmtA44QvTR4EJ5

On Friday 28 May 2004 00:11, Joshua Lewis wrote:

> I found some instructions on upgrading KDE on the freebsd.kde.org website.
> However, the two options given are use portupgrade to upgrade (as far as I
> can tell this command is only in FBSD 5.1 and I have 4.9)

Portupgrade is a port. It lives in sysutils/portsupgrade.

> or uninstall KDE=20
> and reinstall. I updated my ports using CVSup and tried to do a make
> install clean however it tried to install 3.1.4. I am assuming I simply
> upgraded myself back to the same stuff that I installed during the
> installation of FBSD.

There is an example supfile suitable for upgrading ports=20
in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile. All you need to do is change th=
e=20
line specifying the cvsup-server.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org