Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 13:59:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        William Wong <wwong@wiley.csusb.edu>
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c905 PCI Ethernet under 2.2-stable...

> Is anyone working on this?  I seem to have upgraded to the B version and
> was surprised that it isn't being detected anymore.  Apparently, the
> cards are different enough. :(

I believe someone was working on a new and improved 3C90XX driver (the
current is really suboptimal) but I only hear silence everytime this
question comes up, I really hope he has not given up. Maybe he should
speak up and give us a status report, if he is reading this forum.

Otherwise, if you are planning on buying a 10/100 network card for use in
a FreeBSD system, I really recommend the Intel Etherexpress 10/100B, the
driver and card are both excellent performers.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia