Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 2015 23:11:22 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Subject:   Patch file for man pages netmap.4, src.conf.5, build.7

Hi,

There was a previous discussion about making some small changes to the
src.conf and build man pages to include reference to src.conf.5 in the
buikd.7 manpage. I have updated the two documents appropriately. I believe
I also addressed Mr. Loshs' comment pertaining to the scope of the src.conf
file and the format of the title. I also found a typo in netmap.4.

In terms of coming up to speed with documentation, I had asked about where
to find documentation about, er, documentation and started with the
Documentation Primer (Why is this a "primer" and others are a "handbook"?).
This seems to me to be a mistake. After claiming domain over man pages, the
"primer" never mentions mdoc, groff, troff, man, mandoc or any other item
that seems remotely related to man pages ever again? Please, correct me if
I am wrong.

I did however find the following bits of information:

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/howto-create-a-manpage-from-scratch.13200/

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mdoc&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+10.2-RELEASE&arch=default&format=html

http://mdocml.bsd.lv/
http://mdocml.bsd.lv/man/mdoc.7.html

http://manpages.bsd.lv/

Which could be pieced nicely together to make a man pages handbook or at
least a section in the "primer"?

Thanks,

Russell