Date:      Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:00:04 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gweather stopped on current systems

--==_Exmh_1191380404_59801P

This weekend (8/29 or 8/30), after upgrading ports, the gweather-applet
stopped working. It starts and goes into a permanent "Updating"
condition. I have monitored network access with tcpdump and it never
sends out any packets onto the net.

gweather failed on both of my systems running -current. No problems on
systems running stable.

The system is is current on all ports and the OS (world and kernel)
were update on 9/18. I normally update ports daily and had to fight with
the autoconf/m4 problems, but have now updated m4. I can't see this
impacting gweather, in any case.

The following ports were updated over the weekend:
libglut
liferea
ImageMagick
heimdal
cups-base
pwlib
opal
ekiga
net-snmp
apache2
libdvdnav
faad
faac
apr-db42
opal

None shows as a dependency of gnome-applets-2.18.0_4. I have tried
disabling my firewall. but that made no difference. No proxies are in
use. And I am baffled!

Has anyone else seen this?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer