Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:09:04 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   semaphores

i am trying to implement a readers/writers solution using concurrency
control.
But the problem is: When i used POSIX.1b to get concurrency control
working, i realized that FreeBSd simply does not support it.
there is not a semaphore.h header in any fs!!!
Another problem: As FreeBSD does not support POSIX.1b i decided to use
SYSVSEM, but my kernel does not support it.
It's impossible, if there is no way to use semphores in FreeBSD (the only
two way i know don't work) in the scenario i am. So there is two options:
a) None program in my system is using semaphores, any server, etc.
b) there is a thirdy way to get semaphores which i don't know, if so, can
anybody explain me.

---
I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.
You use windowze because the guy on TV told you to ...
----- Gustavo Rios -----