Date:      Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:09:26 +0000
From:      Louis Bertrand <louis@bertrandtech.ca>
To:        "freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org" <freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ThinkPad A485 + AMD Radeon Vega suitable?

Hello,
I=E2=80=99m looking at getting a refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad A485 to make i=
nto a daily use machine and
wean myself from MacOS and Wintel. I=E2=80=99m already familiar with OpenBS=
D and FreeBSD on servers.

Similar to https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/Thinkpad_A485 with Ryzen 7 Pro-=
2700U
- Integrated AMD Radeon Vega graphics
- Realtek RTL8111GUL Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless: either Realtek RTL8822BE or Intel Wireless-AC 9260
- Audio Realtek ALC3287 codec
https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_A485/ThinkPad_A4=
85_Spec.PDF

My concern are with:
- AMD Radeon Vega graphics - binary-only drivers? Redistributable BLOBs?
- Discrete TPM module - smells like special sauce.

If this is not the right place to ask, please let me know if there is a bet=
ter resource.
Thanks
 =E2=80=94Louis