Date:      Mon, 03 Jun 2002 10:08:11 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        DougB@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xscreensaver-4.02 crashes !?!

Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.5 in my Pentium-3 PC, then upgraded my ports
and compiled/installed xscreensaver-4.02.
All I get when I run (for example) the demo:

$ xscreensaver-demo

X error in xscreensaver-demo: 09:53:54:
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  74
$

The screensaver executables are aparently totally screwed up.
Any idea what's going wrong with this software on FreeBSD?

Rob.