Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:13:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Overclocking a Pentium 120

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Reinier Bezuidenhout wrote:
> > You will gain *nothing* by overclocking your 120 or 133 MHz Pentium to
> > 150 MHz.
> >

> If I clock it at 75MHz bus and x2 CPU at 150MHz :) (if the Mainboard is
> wiling)

Yes, but will your IDE devices still work properly ? Will your ISA cards
still function, will your PCI cards work properly? Will the memory
timings now be too fast ? etc. etc.

In short, is it really worth the risk when you could probably just buy a
P233MMX for whatever money you could make in the time it takes to mess
with the jumpers and then recover all your data when your hard disk
blows up and the processor melts.

> Just a thought :)

Same here, seems a lot of people overclock without the 'thought' that it
could cause problems.

	steve

Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342
WWW: http://dylan.visint.co.uk/