Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 1995 13:07:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        shih@cithe312.cithep.caltech.edu (Ching Shih)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NCR 53C810 scsi and Quantum 1080s hard disk

> Hi,
>
> I have an NCR 53C810 scsi adapter and Quantum 1080s hard disk on my PC.
> As I read the release note of FreeBSD 2.0, I saw NCR 53C810 is
> supported. But I cannot make it work. I even recompiled the kernel
> with the "pci0" and "ncr0" options. I didn't help. Can someone
> help me? Thanks!
>
> Ching Shih
> shih@cithe312.cithep.caltech.edu

A problem that has come up in regards to the aic7xxx based adaptors is
that the 1080 will not function correctly at 10MB/s.  8 seems to work,
but I have no idea what type of firmware or other reason for this
restriction.  Is there a way to tell the NCR not to only negotiate
up to 8MB/s?

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1