Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:08:25 +1000 (EST)
From:      Justin  <root@warp-9.ml.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help :((

heya freebsd guys :)
i was just wondering if you could please help me;
ive been trying to install fbsd over a network,
i have no idea whats working and whats not, network isn't it up,
i was told i could install fbsd via the other computer :))
anyways when i load up in visual config i do, the ed0 stuff
then when i tried installed over the network it said
ed0 : device timeout
then i went into the visual config and added the flags 0x20
that seemed to fix that problem, but now its saying
ed0 : NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 4864
till it shuts down the ed0
theres a SMC card (ne2000 compatable) in the machine i'm trying to install fbsd on...
could guys assist me in this problem :)))
thanks alot
from Justin
p.s sorry that this letter is realy long and no doubt hard to understand
and can u PLEASE send a reply to marcus@sensation.net.au
thanks again :)