Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:08:15 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printer Help

Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de> types:
> Have a look at /usr/ports/print/apsfilter. It solved most printing
> problems here. You may want to update to FBSD-4.2 before.

Personally, I prefer magicfilter to apsfilter - it's a bit easier to
make do what I want, and not nearly as complicated.

In either case, it depends on ghostscript to actually render for the
printer. The current version doesn't seem to have support for any 700
seris deskjets. If you know your printer emulates some other hp
printer, install the ghostscript port, and do "gs --help | grep dj" to
get a list of supported deskjets.

The other possibility is that your printer is a winprinter, meaning
the language it talks is proprietary, and it won't work with
FreeBSD.

=09<mike

> ehayden@sdcpa.com schrieb:
> >=20
> > I am using FBSD 4.0 and am having problems getting my HP Deskjet 72=
0c to
> > work.  The kernel is still basically the generic one.  I tried foll=
owing
> > the handbook but it is a bit dated and I find it somewhat susbect (=
The
--
Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>=09=09=09http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more inform=