Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:39:13 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp12.tar.gz

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Randall Hopper wrote:

> I got the same results on my SB32 non-PnP.  Appears the problem is that
> several of the sound devices think they're on IRQ 5.  pnp11 didn't have
> this problem and in fact was pretty close to being perfect (no 16-bit
> record was the only major thing -- see below); something changed between
> pnp11 and pnp12 to cause this to crop up.

Hmm okie. I was home during lunch and got the following output from 'cat
/dev/sndstat':
VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha11-9707223 (Wed Jul 23 3:00:00 PDT 1997
Amancio Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 2: SoundBlaster
Type 6: SoundBlaster16
Type 7: SB16 MIDI

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
SoundBlaster16 at 0x0 irq 1 drq 5
SB16 MIDI at 0x330 irq 1
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 irq 1

Audio devices:

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL-3

Midi devices:

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: SoundBlaster

playmidi works but it has some problems playing on the right
channel(left/right). Sometime it starts on the left and another on the
right. But that's maybe a playmidi bug. And it uses the synth that seems
to be probed correctly

	./johan

 --
    * mailto:gozer@ludd.luth.se * http://www.ludd.luth.se/users/gozer/ *