Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 19:45:38 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner), rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ep driver

In message <199507270234.IAA23362@hq.icb.chel.su> you write:
>are you sure that we can drop the calls of ether_addmulti()
>and ether_delmulti() too ? I think we can't because it does the mapping
>between IP and Ethernet multicast addresses. Or doesn't ?

All that ether_*multi() do is maintain the list of ethernet group addresses
to set up the filter.  Since the driver doesn't use the filter and the card
is just in promiscuous multicast mode, there is no point in maintaining the
lists.

Someone should probably put in a comment about needing to maintain the
lists if the driver ever does gain programmable multicast filters...

  Bill