Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:42:17 GMT
From:      "Giorgio Bozio" <webgio@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   slow tcp connection but not stream

I have a pc with installed Fbsd 3.1, it worked well on my local lan but when
moved to a lan with internet connection for use as internet server the
telnet, ftp, pop3, connections have become very slow. I changed also the Nic
to a 3com 3c503 (NE1000). The slowness is especcially seen when, for
example, I connect with telnet, at the beginning of the connection; when it
is established; but when the login prompt finally comes out (2 minutes
later) it goes almost fine; the same with ftp and pop3. Apache 1.3.9 on the
other hand, answers fine.
Can you help me? any idea of the reason of this strange behaviour.

please answer directly to me too, because I'm not subscriber of this list.
Thank you,
Giorgio