Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 1999 08:15:48 -0400
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Submitting new ports to the ports tree.

Hi,
I know there is a good amount of work involved in this process, just from
the sheer volume of work that is needed, but I was wondering if anyone knew
the avg turn around time for a new port submission to be committed?

Also, I have noticed that at any one time there are 150 - 200 unassigned,
open "problems" listed for ports, a good number of which are just new or
update ports submissions.  Is there anything else that someone like myself
could do to assist with all that work?

-Chris