Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:56:45
From:      HTS <HTS@pinboard.com>
To:        Miguel Sierra <msierra@bvinet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting machine on internet

You mean you have the same gateway and DNS entries in the two machines
which do not have a static IP? If so, it won't work. You'll need to act
the machine which connects to the internet as a router/gateway.

Below, box1, box2 and box3 are on the same internal network
(192.168.x.x or so) and box3 additionally is configured with your fixed
IP for connecting to the internet. box3 then should do IP aliasing and
is the gateway for box1 and box2.

How you set this when box3 is a Windows machine, I don't know. If box3
is the FreeBSD box, then the ppp configured correctly will work nicely.

                \
                 ---box3====internet
                /

Kurt