Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:12:38 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   flash 6 & mozilla

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:01:47AM +0200, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
> I have the libflashplayer_linux.so w/ LD_PRELOAD (flashpluginwrapper)
> installed and it works OK. But when I install the new flash6 linux
> plugin I get error messages like "libpthread.so.0 not found"
> Am I to understand that native mozilla only supports flashplugin upto
> version-5?

Yes. I tried to solve the above problem by adding linux libraries into
the plugin directory, after which mozilla (or phoenix in my case) no longer
complained but always crashed on every flash movie.

Unfortunately for some unfathomable reason more and more flash sites seem to
absolutely *require* flash 6 :( I really, really, really wish that there
would be an open source flash plugin.

--Stijn

--=20
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.