Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:53:45 +0200
From:      Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG

Am Fri, 24 Aug 2001 schrieb Kenneth D. Merry

> I would suspect the driver, but it's rather hard to say.  If you have
> access to another SCSI controller (especially an Adaptec or LSI Logic-based
> controller), it might be good to see if you can reproduce your problem with
> a different controller.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare controller at the moment to test this; I
would have to buy one. Well, perhaps I can ,,lend'' a card somewhere here in
our institute for a day or two...

> It sounds like what is likely happening is that the controller isn't
> returning some of the CCBs that are being sent down to scan the bus.  Since
> the CCBs don't get returned, the rescan hangs forever.

That would fit to what I have been experiencing.

> One thing to try, if you haven't already, is just rescan the bus/target/lun
> that the device is on.  (See the output of camcontrol devlist to determine
> that.)

I alreadu tried this, with the same effect: it just hangs.

cu
Gerrit