Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:39:23 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Reto Burkhalter <reto.burkhalter@basis06.com>, Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem compiling arts

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

Ade Lovett wrote:
>=20
> On Oct 10, 2005, at 16:32 , Simon Barner wrote:
> >
> > I guess, this is the source of the problem: libtool, automake and =20
> > autoconf,
> > are built with the system compiler, but arts++ needs gcc295.
> > Try deinstalling the above ports  and build the arts++ port =20
> > individually
> > (it will pull in the tools it needs).
>=20
> [snip]
>=20
> Absolutely not.  The autotools really don't care what compiler(s) you =20
> have around.

Hmm, I once had a case were I had to rebuild one of them. Perhaps it was
something different... I cannot remember how to reproduce it, but when
it occurs the next time, I'll let you know.

>=20
> If you'd inspected the error output a little more closely, you'd have =20
> seen:
>=20
> [...]
> configure:1612: gcc295 -O -pipe -march=3Dpentium3   conftest.c  >&5
> cc1: bad value (pentium3) for -march=3D switch

Yes, true. Sorry for the noise.
[...]

--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=