Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:31:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bms@spc.org
Cc:        Jacques.Caron@IPsector.com, dan@langille.org, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting wi running as a bridge

In message: <20020926100309.GU28076@spc.org>
            Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org> writes:
: On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:00:20PM +0200, Jacques Caron wrote:
: > To obtain a real 802.11 bridge, you need the cards to be able to run in
: > so-called WDS mode, but I'm not even sure this is supported with the PRISM
: > cards, let alone the Orinocos.
:
: There is preliminary WDS support in Linux for the PRISM2.5, but it's not
: 100% IEEE 802.11 compliant. May be worth a look.

There are also some major differences between WDS and what the 802.11
standard says.  I'm told that each AP has its own protocol to talk to
other APs, which makes interop difficult.  I've not verified this
myself.

Warner