Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:01:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Godfrey <godfreja@dalamar.cs.uwec.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI CD-ROM partially detected

Hello.

I just bought a new IDE CD-ROM to replace my old flakey one that didn't
work with FreeBSD 2.2.6 at all. This new one is an improvement over the
old one, but I'm still having problems.

The CD-ROM is right now configured as a slave on the primary controller,
but I had the same results when it was the master on the secondary.

On boot I get the following:

fd0: 1.44MB 3.5in
wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc0: unit 0 (wd0): <ST32132A>
wd0: 2015MB (4127760 sectors), 4095 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <WPI CDS-32X/ERf  2.0>, removable, dma, iordy
wdc1 not found at 0x170
npx0 flags 0x1 on motherboard

This is more then I got with my old drive, but I expect some sort of
message about wcd0. When I try to mount I get:

vroom# mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /mnt
cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Input/output error

I have wcd0 and wc1 configured in the kernel, as well as ATAPI and
ATAPI_STATIC.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
-- Jason