Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:54:55 +0200
From:      "Marc van Woerkom" <Marc.Vanwoerkom@FernUni-Hagen.de>
To:        "Jud" <judmarc@fastmail.fm>, "Marc van Woerkom" <Marc.Vanwoerkom@FernUni-Hagen.de>, "Subhro" <subhro.kar@gmail.com>, "FreeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE and Windows XP on one system

>one of the following:
>
>1 - Install the FreeBSD boot loader on *both* hard
>drives.  Also be sure
>to set the FreeBSD slice (a/k/a "partition" in
>Windows-speak) bootable
>during sysinstall.

During installation I did set the FreeBSD slice with the /
system bootable, I also set the Windows partition
bootable.
I believe, I choose install the boot manager on both
disks.
In other words I hoped I did exact that way.
But it won't work.

> FYI: The '???' label will be for your
>Windows
>partition, and it should work.

I hoped so. And old Windows versions (on a different box)
booted. That is why I start to wonder if XP is different.

>2 - Use the GAG boot loader.  It's simple as can be.

Yes, I guess I should use that or GRUB.

Bye,
Marc