Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:23:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        winter@jurai.net, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SONY SMO-C501-09 not recognized under CAM

Kenneth D. Merry wrote...
> Matthew N. Dodd wrote...
> > On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > > What happens if you reset the device?  Will it forget then?  You can send a
> > > BDR to it like this:
> > >
> > > camcontrol reset 2:3:0
> >
> > <SONY SMO-C501-00 2.07>            at scbus2 target 3 lun 0 (pass13,da5)
> > <HP S6300.650A 3.03>               at scbus2 target 4 lun 0 (pass14,da6)
> >
> > eisa-test# camcontrol reset 2:3:0
> > camcontrol: CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl failed: Invalid argument
> > eisa-test# camcontrol reset 2:4:0
> > camcontrol: CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl failed: Invalid argument
> >
> > I think I broke something. :/
>
> Oops.  Matt must not have tested the BDR functionality in camcontrol or
> something...hmm.  Well, try the attached patch for cam_xpt.c.

Well, I just tried it out.  It does send a BDR to the device, but it looks
like there's some bogus behavior.  The camcontrol process gets stuck in
'cbwait', so either the CCB isn't getting done(), or the queue is not
getting un-frozen.

My guess is that the queue is still frozen, since I can't send a TUR to the
disk, and I/O times out.  Ahh well, more bugs to fix.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com