Date:      Tue, 03 Dec 1996 12:44:20 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Erich Boleyn <erich@uruk.org>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APIC_IO stuff

Erich,

> I haven't had much time to try to solve the syscons problem, so I've
> been running SMP by remote login over ethernet.
>
> Last night I tried an interesting experiment, just run the APIC_IO
> version but don't start the second CPU.  It has run all night and
> through til noon today with no problems (I did a few moderate compiles).

resup and retry, the version you have was broken big-time.  you should
be able to run 2 CPUS & APIC_IO without problem.  If syscons is still
a problem you could try using pcvt instead.

---
> P.S.:   When I mentioned all the CPUs being started up at some earlier
> 	date, I may have been smoking something.  It only does anything
> 	with one of the other CPUs in my test box since I've looked
> 	carefully at it again.

this is kinda good, it means your board is acting consistantly with the
other known 4 CPU board being tested.  4 CPU support is off again, but
we are probably pretty close to attempting it again, just will require
a manual start of the APs.  Peter could better  decsribe where we stand
on this issue.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD