Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 17:51:40 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Worm driver

As Cyrus Rahman wrote:

> I haven't figured out why scsi_test_unit_ready() fails until you open and
> close the carriage again.
>
> The driver does work correctly with the HP 6020i in all other observed ways,
> but you can't check a disk you burn till you eject it and put it back in.

I wonder what they did on the 6020i that wasn't there on the 4020i.  I
think it's the STOP UNIT command.  Try just omitting it.  Maybe we
should avoid the STOP UNIT at all, it's fairly pointless anyway.  The
unit will automatically stop once you try ejecting the medium.

Please move this discussion to freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org if you've got
further opinions.

--
cheers, J"org