Date:      12 Jul 1997 07:11:26 GMT
From:      nnd@itfs.nsk.su
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   MTV from www.mpegtv.com (Was: guspnp8 driver release)

Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com> wrote:
> Kyle Mestery:
>  |Sorry this took so long to respond to.  I downloaded mtv, but it was
>  |complaining about not finding libforms.so.86 or something.  So I installed
>  |xforms, and it still complained.  Do I need to get the linux xforms
>  |library and install it into /compt/linux?

> Right.  A linux binary only dynamically links in Linux shared libs.
> Let me know if you can't find it and I'll mail you mine.

	I've download BSDI binary of mtv from http://www.mpegtv.com
and it works good on my 3.0-current FreeBSD. (And it does'nt requires
libforms - it already has it statically).

	There is some problem with registering a temporary
key for one month non-30-sec-restricted audio playing -
their web-form requires filling out output of 'hostid'
command which I can not find on my FreeBSD system (nor native
or linux-emulation-based one ;-)

	What can be done for licensing that sort of
software for FreeBSD ? Can I simply send them some arbitrary
hex-numbers as 'hostid' output or I must install some "hostid'-alike
program which will output this same number for their programs to
verify that this is really MY system ?

	N.Dudorov