Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        Lucas Bergman <iceberg@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to copy data CDs on IDE CDRW?

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Lucas Bergman wrote:

> > > I can't find in the archives info on making a copy of a data CD.  I

> Oops.  I'm showing my age.  I think burncd(8) is the officially
> recommended way to do this now.  My bad.
> Lucas

I got the info I needed at www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd

You mention you have not gotten audio CD copying working. What problem are
you having?

I got a program called "dagrab" from the ports. This made WAV files. I
then used burncd to make a CD:

#!/bin/sh
cd /vol1/ripit
dagrab -va -n 1024
burncd -s 10 -f /dev/acd0c audio * fixate

Substitute "/vol1/ripit" for a filesystem/directory where you have enough
space. "dagrab -i" gives you how much space you will need