Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 2010 07:26:55 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Minor suggestion

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On 2010-Jan-19 11:37:34 -0500, Steven Friedrich <freebsd@insightbb.com> wro=
te:
>My openoffice build failed because an environment variable, mch, wasn't se=
t.

Can you give more details about what is failing because I've never
have this environment variable set and don't see any references to
in it OOo build logs.

>Shouldn't the build process be based on what info is available from uname,=
=20
>rather than an environment variable that would have to be set by a user or=
=20
>developer?

AFAIK, it is.

On 2010-Jan-22 17:09:18 +0100, Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org> wrote:
>Uname would fail too,
>it would break when you build openoffice in ja 32bit jail on amd64.

You can set environment variables to change what uname reports.  I
have the following in my i386 jail:
MACHTYPE=3Di386
MACHINE=3Di386
UNAME_p=3Di386