Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:54:39 -0600
From:      "Dan Dockery" <danarchy@endeneu.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   netatalk zone not saving

Are there any good reasons that netatalk shouldn't be saving my changes?
Currently, my atalkd.conf reads
xl0 -seed -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 666.213

I've tried both simply adding the zone name to the end
(xl0 -seed -phase 2 -net 0-65534 -addr 666.213 -zone "foo") and I've
tried shrinking to a smaller net range
(xl0-seed -phase 2 -net 500-700 -addr 666.213 -zone "foo") and every time
atalkd runs, it removes the zone from the end and in the cases where I
change the net range, it replaces those with 0-65534 as well.

This is a fresh installation of FreeBSD 3.0 (just downloaded it last
night) and netatalk was built from the ports directory.

Thanks!
-Dan

"Come give anyone of us, for instance, a little more independence, untie our hands, widen the spheres of our activity, relax the controls and we -- yes, I assure you -- we would immediately beg to be under control again."
  -Dostoevsky "Notes from Underground"