Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:56:36 +0200
From:      "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <A.Dergatchev@tn.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using the Compaq Math lib natively

> Does anybody know where to find a description of ieee_get_fp_control()
> and errno_location()?

Digital' docs is the most useful thing I found - pretty detailed description of
ieee_get_fp_control:

http://decline.epfl.ch/docs/DUV40E/HTML/MAN/MAN3/1089____.HTM

and even examples:

http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/DOKU/DEC_Unix_4.0/HTML/AA-PS30D-TET1_html/peg12.html

errno_location seems to be LinuxThreads thing - couldn't find anything
in onlne DEC documents.

> The RH 6.2 linux/alpha box I set up doesn't
> seem to have a man page for ieee_get_fp_control().., but it seems to
> be in the libc.  Is the source available somehow for the libc.a from
> RH6.2?
>
> Also, I haven't examined cxml yet.  I imagine that this will be usable
> as well. (cxml used to be called DXML and has BLAS, LAPACK, and other
> useful math bits in it).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Drew

> Andrew Gallatin, Sr Systems Programmer  http://www.cs.duke.edu/~gallatin
> Duke University                         Email: gallatin@cs.duke.edu
> Department of Computer Science          Phone: (919) 660-6590

Andrei