Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 11:00:24 -0400
From:      Jason Antonacci <janton@neuro.mcg.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help! - NE2000 hangs install

Summation:  Does anyone know how to configure a TC5143-T NIC during
FreeBSD r4.0 install?

I have a NE2K compatible NIC mfg. by Thomas-Conrad (bought out by Compaq)
that keeps hanging when probed.  It is set to I/O 0x340 and IRQ 4.  These
settings are not in conflict w/ other devices (COM and LPT disabled, no
sound card).  My options for the NIC config are...
I/O	0x240,280,2c0,320,340,360
IRQ	3,4,5,2/9
The linux ethernet-HOWTO stated that these cards (NE2K clones) do not
respond to the device reset on the ISA probe and to add 0xBAD as the end
I/O address when you insmod.  I know FreeBSD is not linux, but maybe this
is similar?  I am trying to do a FTP install, so this is essential.  Has
anyone had any luck w/ this type card?  What settings did you use?

Why not PCI?  Because the system is a Dell Optiplex 466MXN and only has
ISA.

TIA
Jason S. Antonacci
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MCG Neurology Network Support
Email:	nsupport@neuro.mcg.edu
	janton@neuro.mcg.edu
Tel : 	706.721.2681
Fax: 	503.218.7129
Page:	706.723-5586
If page not returned w/in 15 min. call...
Cellular:	706.373.8863

NOTES:
A) 	Before requesting assistance, reboot the computer and confirm your
	user name and password are correct.
B) 	When requesting assistance include your telephone and the equipment's
	location.

Thank you.